- FAQs – on Blood Centre (Series-3) - September 30, 2020
- Salient features of Supreme Court order dated 28.08.2020 - September 12, 2020
- Pharmacopoeialstatus ofBlood and its components - August 20, 2020
Q. 1. What is the status of stocking / selling of products like Good Night mat, All Out and Black Hit etc. at a Chemists / Medical store or Grocery Shops ?
1. Good Night mat, All Out and Black Hit etc. fall under the category of Insecticides as per Insecticide Act 1968.
2. A license is required under Insecticide Act 1968 from Agriculture Department for stocking / sale of products Good Night mat, All Out and Black Hit etc.
3. Chemists / Medical Store / Grocery shops cannot stock / sell these products without license under Insecticide Act 1968.
Q. 2. What is the status of stocking / selling of products like Harpic in the Grocery shops?
1. Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) falls under the category of Poison as per the Poison Act 1919.
2. HCL upto 5% is exempted for stocking / selling in Haryana State as per Haryana Poison Rules dated 18.09.2014.
3. Harpic contains HCL more than 5%, so license is required under Poison Act 1919 for stocking / selling Harpic, which is to be issued by Civil Surgeon of the district in the State of Haryana.
1. Exemption of % of HCL acid under Poison Rules may vary from state to state.
2. License Issuing Authority under poison Act 1919 may also vary from state to state.
To download Poison Act 1919, Insecticide Act 1968 and Haryana Poison Rules.
Aslo read FAQs – On Ranitidine tablets and injections in India
For more FAQs Click here