Last Updated on October 3, 2021 by The Health Master
National Institute of Nutrition was founded by Sir Robert McCarrison in the year 1918 as Beri-Beri Enquiry Unit in a single room laboratory at the Pasteur Institute, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu.
Within a short span of seven years, this unit blossomed into a Deficiency Disease Enquiry and later in 1928, emerged as full-fledged Nutrition Research Laboratories (NRL) with Dr. McCarrison as its first Director.
It was shifted to Hyderabad in 1958.At the time of its golden jubilee in 1969, it was renamed as National Institute of Nutrition (NIN).
Applications are invited from eligible candidates through email for the following post under the project entitled: “Effect of Ethyl gallate on apoptosis related protein and gene expression in DSS induced colitis on C57BL/6J Mice’’ on a temporary contract basis at this Institute.
Post : Project Senior Research Fellow – 01 Post
Essential Qualifications : Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate / Post Graduate degree in Professional Course.
Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC, NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR. ICMR. IIT, lISc, USER, etc.,
Desirable : 1st Class M.Pharmacy with 2 years experience
Nature of duties : LC-MS/MS, Animal Handling
Age : 35 years. *Age relaxation is admissible as per ICMR guidelines.
Consolidated emoluments : Rs.35,000/- plus 24% HRA p.m. fixed without any other allowances.
Tenure : One year (Extendable upon performance)
Place of work : ICMR-NIN, Hyderabad
Terms and conditions
1) The above positions/posts are on temporary contract basis.
2) The Director & Appointing Authority has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
3) *Age relaxation is admissible in respect of Retrenched Government Employees, Departmental Candidates (including projects) and Ex-Servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time.
Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons. Age, qualifications, etc., will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of applications.
4) The appointment can be terminated with one-month notice from either side without assigning any reason.
5) Since, the posts are temporary; the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment at ICMR-NIN or continuation of his/ her services in any other project.
6) Other allowances like CCA, LTC, Medical Claim and PF are not applicable.
7) The results of the final selection will be placed on NIN website only. No intimation will be sent by e-mail or phone.
8) The recruited project staff is eligible for leave as per project recruitment rules/guidelines and will have to give an undertaking before joining.
9) At the time of joining duty, the candidates should bring all original certificates of educational qualifications (from SSC onwards), Experience, Aadhaar Card, Community and PWD Certificate (if applicable) for availing age relaxation, passport size photograph along with one set of photocopies of the certificates duly attested (can be self attested) for verification.
10) The conditions of employment will be the same as that of the project staff on contract basis.
11) Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
12) ** Candidates applying for EWS category posts must possess Income and Asset certificate to be issued from District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/1st Class stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner as per the DoPT OM dated 31st January, 2019.
Candidates who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SC’s, ST’s and OBC’s and whose family annual income below Rs.8 Lakhs are to be identified as EWS’s for the benefit of EWS reservation.
Applications will be received from the individuals by email to [email protected]
The last date for receiving applications will be 15 days from the date of uploading the advertisement in ICMR-NIN and ICMR websites or as on 15-10-2021.
Applications received after due date will not be considered under any circumstances. The candidates have to download the application form from nin.res.in and fill with his/her own handwriting and send the same to the above mail along with supporting documents of essential qualifications (scanned copies).
Selection Procedure : After verification of the applications, the names of eligible candidates will be displayed on the official website nin.res.in for online interviews.
As per the project requirement, based on the Selection Committee’s decision the applications will be shortlisted and the link will be sent to the shortlisted candidates for online Interviews through Video call/ Video-Conferencing.
The candidates have to make their own arrangements for Video Call/ Video-Conferencing. The applicants are advised to visit the website regularly for any updates and changes in the recruitment process.
Note : The Candidates should mention the Post Name and Advt. No. in the E-mail Subject.
All the documents including Application should be merged in one file. Resumes/ CV without Application and hard copies of the application will not be accepted.