- USFDA issues Form 483 to Pharma Companies: Let’s know all about it - July 11, 2022
- Medical Device Alert: Lists - July 10, 2022
- Drug Alert: NSQ Drugs Lists - June 26, 2022
Last Updated on November 29, 2021 by The Health Master
1. Check the license of the Medical Store / Pharmacy displayed on a prominent place.
2. Ensure that your drugs / medicines are sold under the supervision of Registered Pharmacist of the medical store.
3. Check that the drugs you are purchasing are stocked at proper storage conditions as per the storage conditions mentioned on the label of the drug / medicine.
4. Check the expiry date of the drug before purchasing.
5. Always ask for the purchase voucher and never purchase a drug without cash memo. No one can ask for or claim extra taxes for issuing a cash memo.
6. Cash memo should be signed by the Registered Pharmacist.
7. Cash memo of purchased drug is a warranty card for quality of drugs.
8. Before leaving the shop compare the Quantity, Name of drug, Batch No. and Expiry date of drug purchased with written on cash memo. Also check subtotal and grand total in cash memo.
9. This is your right to know from the pharmacist:
- What is the dose of drug / medicine?
- How to consume the drug / medicine?
- What are the side effects of drug / medicine?
- What are the contraindications of drug / medicine?
10. Customer has the right to get the drug tested as per provisions of Section 26 of Drug and Cosmetics Act from Govt. Analyst.
Testing of drugs / medicine
If the consumer want to get the medicine tested, he /she has to fill the required form Form-14 and the report will be issued on Form-14A, click below link to download the said forms:
For rates of testing of different drugs in the laboratory, click below Schedule-B
Issued by: FDA Haryana, India
5 Medicinal Plants must be at home
First Aid box
Painkillers side effects
For informative videos on consumer awareness, click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon: