Govt Job: For Technical Officer Positions at ICMR

FDA Officers Govt Job Drug Inspector
Govt Job

Last Updated on December 31, 2023 by The Health Master

Govt Job

Govt Job: Are you a qualified professional seeking an exciting career opportunity? Look no further! The ICMR Regional Medical Research Centre in Port Blair is inviting applications for technical officer positions. Here are the details you need to know:

Position: Technical Officer, ‘B’ Group’b’ (Non-Ministerial)

  • Number of Openings: 02
  • Pay Level (as per 7th CPC): Level-10, Rs. 56,100–1,77,500
  • Essential Qualification:
    • First-class postgraduate degree in Entomology, Microbiology, Virology, Pharmacy, or Pharmacology
    • OR a second-class PG degree with a Ph.D. in a relevant subject from a recognized institution or university
  • Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 years
Govt Pharma Pharmacist Job Opportunity
Picture: Pixabay

Conditions for Application

  1. Interested candidates should fill out the application form provided with the advertisement, ensuring all fields are completed. For any non-applicable or irrelevant fields, please write ‘NA’.
  2. Application forms can be downloaded from the official websites: and
  3. Submit the completed application form, along with self-attested documents and a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 300/- via Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft (in favor of Director RMRC, payable at Port Blair), in a sealed envelope.
  4. Address it to “The Director, ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre, Dollygunj, Port Blair-744103”. Please use Speed Post, Registered Post, or Courier for submission (applications by hand will not be accepted). Deadline: October 16, 2023.
  5. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and female candidates are exempt from the application fee.
  6. No age relaxation will be provided to SC, ST, or OBC candidates for unreserved vacancies.
  7. The crucial date for age limit determination is the last date of application receipt, which is October 16, 2023.
  8. Central Government servants in Group ‘B’ posts are eligible for a 5-year age relaxation, provided they have rendered a minimum of 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the application deadline.
  9. Government servants applying for the post must submit their applications “through the proper channel” and include a No Objection Certificate from the competent authority; failure to do so will result in rejection.
  10. Any updates or corrections regarding the advertisement will be published on and only.
  11. Shortlisted candidates will receive call letters or admit cards with details on the date, time, and venue of the written test. No inquiries or requests regarding this matter will be entertained. Candidates are advised to regularly check the ICMR and RMRC websites for recruitment process updates.
  12. If there is a change in your communication address, notify our office promptly.

Written Examination Details

  • The exam will be a computer-based test (CBT) with a total of 100 marks.
  • 95% weight will be given to CBT scores, while the remaining 5% will be allotted for research, lab, or field experience in any government-recognized, approved, or registered institution or organization after meeting the essential qualifications as outlined in the recruitment rules or advertisement.

Relevant Experience & Weightage (marks)

  • 1 to <2 years: 1
  • 2 to <4 years: 2
  • 4 to <6 years: 3
  • 6 to <8 years: 4
  • ≥8 years: 5

Note: Incomplete or late applications or those without an IPO or DD will be rejected outright. The Director, ICMR-RMRC, Port Blair, reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications. The displayed vacancies are tentative and may change.

Any form of canvassing or outside influence on the selection or recruitment process will be considered a disqualification. No TA or DA will be provided for attending the written test.

Last Date for Application Submission: October 16, 2023

This is a golden opportunity for qualified individuals to contribute to cutting-edge research at a prestigious institution. Don’t miss out—submit your application today!

Application Form & More Info

Disclaimer: This article contains information derived from the source mentioned below. Our team utilized an AI language model to rewrite and present the news or article in a unique format.

For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon:

YouTube Icon

For informative videos on Medical Store / Pharmacy, click on the below YouTube icon:

YouTube Icon

For informative videos on the news regarding Pharma / Medical Devices / Cosmetics / Homoeopathy etc., click on the below YouTube icon:

YouTube Icon

For informative videos on consumer awareness, click on the below YouTube icon:

YouTube Icon
YouTube Icon