Last Updated on November 2, 2019 by The Health Master
Online applications are hereby invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post(s) which is/are permanent.
Post : Pharmacist Grade-III / Pharmacist-Cum-Salesman-Grade-III
N.B.: ABILITY TO READ, WRITE AND SPEAK IN BENGALI IS AN ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT BUT SUCH KNOWLEDGE IS NOT MANDATORY FOR CANDIDATES WHOSE MOTHER TONGUE IS NEPALI, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED. SUCH ABILITY WILL BE TESTED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Department : LABOUR, GOVT OF WB
Directorate : E.S.I. (M.B.) SCHEME
Pay : Rs. 7,100 – 37,600 (P.B. 3) plus Grade Pay of Rs. 3,600/- and other allowances
No of posts : 200
Reservation : [19 reserved for OBC-A (Non Creamy Layer), 13 for OBC-B (Non Creamy Layer), 44 for S.C., 13 for S.T., 6 for Meritorious Sportspersons, 2 for Persons with Disabilities (Blindness or Low Vision) and 3 each reserved for Persons with Disabilities (Hearing Impairment and Loco-motor Disability or Cerebral Palsy)]
Passed Higher Secondary Examination of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology and a two year Diploma Course in Pharmacy recognized by the Government of West Bengal and registered as ‘A’ category Pharmacist under West Bengal Pharmacy Council.
Age : Not more than 39 years on 01.01.2019 with relaxation as per Govt. rule vide para 6 of Information.
Fee : Rs. 160/- (Rupees one hundred sixty) only.
Candidates may in addition have to bear the following charges:
For online payment through debit/credit cards: Convenience fee @ 1% of the examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.
For online payment using net banking facility : Convenience fee of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.
For offline payment through Bank Counter: Service Charge of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only.
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes recognized in West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. OBC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO S.C./S.T. CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
1. SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ANY POST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. CANDIDATURE OF ANY CANDIDATE WHO SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION WILL BE SUMMARILY CANCELLED.
2. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
3. All the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained only from Universities/ Institutions duly recognized by the competent authorities.
4. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it is not conveniently possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualification /higher marks/ grade obtained or on the basis of a Preliminary Screening Test (PST).
NOTE: Commission has decided to fix the following Category wise qualifying marks in the Personality Test and candidates unable to secure such qualifying marks would not be considered for the Posts, irrespective of their academic qualification and/or marks obtained in PST :
General : 40%
S.C. : 35%
S.T. : 30%
Commission may however, further lower the qualifying marks in the event of non-availability of sufficient candidates for filling up the vacancies in a particular category.
The qualifying marks for Differently Abled Candidates will be 2% less than what is prescribed for a particular category when sufficient number of candidates will not be available for the respective category.
However, in case of sufficient number of candidates are not available even after applying 2% relaxation of marks as per existing procedure, the differently abled candidates upto 5 times the vacancy in the respective category may be called for interview irrespective of the scores/marks secured by such candidates.
CANDIDATES SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION AND LOCO-MOTOR DISABILITY OR CEREBRAL PALSY WITH WRITING EXTREMITY MAY BE ALLOWED THE HELP OF A SCRIBE IN THE PRELIMINARY SCREENING TEST, IF REQUIRED. THE SCRIBE SHOULD NOT POSSESS EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION HIGHER THAN THE REQUISITE QUALIFICATION FOR THE POST.
If sufficient number of candidates within the prescribed age limit is available for selection against a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax the upper age limit of the well qualified and otherwise experienced candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
5. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only work / research experience gained in full time employment/ research in the relevant field within the closing date of receipt of applications.
[Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of the Organization(s)/ Department(s) or the Competent Authority for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience, and indicating basic pay and consolidated pay etc must be obtained. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
6. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and relaxation of upper age limit up to 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal. Relaxation up to 3 years may be allowed to O.B.C. (’A’ & ‘B’- Both Non Creamy Layer) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and O.B.C. candidates of other States may apply against unreserved vacancies only as general candidates. Such benefits are also available up to the age of 45 years for Persons with disabilities.
(a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., O.B.C. (Non Creamy Layer), Meritorious Sportsperson and persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate issued by a competent authority in West Bengal as specified below on or before the closing date of submission of online application, in support of his/her claim:
For S.C., S.T. and O.B.C. (Non Creamy Layer) candidates:
(i) In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
(ii) In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Act, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013 and relevant amendments thereto.]
(iii) O.B.C. (Non Creamy Layer) candidates must renew/revalidate their O.B.C.(Non Creamy Layer) certificates in due time as per extant rules.
For Persons with Disabilities:
A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub-Divisional Hospitals.[vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999.
For Meritorious Sportspersons:-
Competent Authorities for issuing Certificates to Meritorious Sportspersons are as follows:-
International Competition : Secretary of the National Federation/National Association of the Sports concerned.
National Competition : Secretary of the State Association of the Sports concerned.
Inter-University Tournament : Dean/Director of Sports or other Officer in overall charge of Sports of the University concerned.
National Sports/Games for School Education : Director or Deputy Director in overall charge of Sports/Games for Schools in the Directorate of School Education, West Bengal.
(b) The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the
candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
(c) S.C., S.T., O.B.C. (Non Creamy Layer), PERSONS WITH DISABILITY & MERITORIOUS SPORTSPERSON CERTIFICATE MUST BE OBTAINED WITHIN THE CLOSING DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS AND NO CLAIM IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED AFTERWARDS.
7. CANDIDATES MUST FULFIL THE ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS BY THE CLOSING DATE.
8. Meritorious Sportspersons: Meritorious Sportspersons in the area of International Competition, National Competition, Inter-University Tournament and National Sports/Games for School Education in the following list of Sports:- (i) Athletics (including Track and Field events), (ii) Badminton, (iii) Basket Ball, (iv) Cricket, (v) Football, (vi) Hockey, (vii) Swimming, (viii) Table Tennis, (ix) Volley Ball, (x) Tennis, (xi) Weight Lifting, (xii) Wrestling, (xiii) Boxing, (xiv) Cycling, (xv) Gymnastics, (xvi) Judo, (xvii) Rifle Shooting, (xviii) Kabaddi and (xix) Kho-Kho – vide Govt. of West Bengal, Labour Department Notification No. 49-EMP/1M-25/98 dated 1st March, 2011.
9. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
10. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
11. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE.
12. ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, FROM TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT pscwbapplication.in & pscwbonline.gov.in/
Mobile Phones, Bluetooth or any other communication device are not allowed inside the premises of any examination hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
Online applications are to be submitted at pscwbapplication.in according to the following schedule:
Commencement of online applications : 1st November, 2019
Closing date for receipt of online application : 21st November, 2019
Last date of payment of fees : 21st November, 2019
Last date for payment of fees Offline in Branches of UBI : 22nd November, 2019
Last date for Generation of Payment Challans by Branches of UBI : 21st November, 2019
Public Service Commission, West Bengal
161A, S. P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata-700026