Last Updated on December 17, 2021 by The Health Master
The Government of Gujarat is organising the 10th Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2022, from 10 -12 January 2022, at Mahatma Mandir Convention and Exhibition Centre, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
The Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Gujarat, is organising a pre event summit “Holistic Healthcare: Focus on Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices” on December 18, 2022, in Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
This pre-event summit will be inaugurated by Bhupendra Patel, Chief Minister of Gujarat in the presence of Rushikesh Patel, Minister, Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education, Water Resources and Water Supply, Government of Gujarat and Nimishaben Suthar, Minister of State, Tribal Development, Health and Family Welfare and Medical Education.
Government of Gujarat, Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare and Chemicals & Fertilizers is also likely to join this pre-summit.
This pre-event summit will include deliberations on:
- Boosting Bulk Drug Production through Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme
- Reducing India’s Dependence in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs & Medical Devices
- Jan Aushadhi Kendras – Generic Medicines
The key dignitaries that will be attending this pre- summit are as under:
- Aparna, IAS, Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India
- Dr Sarah Mcmullen, India Office Country Director, United States Food and Drug Control Administration (USFDA)
- Dr V. G. Somani, Drugs Controller General of India
- K.Beji George, Chairman & Managing Director, HLL Lifecare
- Parth Gautam, Deputy CEO, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Bureau of India
- Ravi Uday Bhaskar, Director General, Pharmexcil.
The pre-event summit will consist of technical sessions covering various aspects of the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme and the opportunities to enhance bulk drug production.
It will also consist of sessions to discuss status & scope of generic medicines in India and experience sharing sessions by medical experts and beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon: