Seizure of Counterfeit
A joint operation by STF Dehradun and the Uttarakhand Drug Department’s vigilance team resulted in a significant breakthrough and the seizure of Counterfeit Matlapur village.
The raid exposed a massive network of counterfeit medicines. The suspect, apprehended through courier services, was distributing fake medicines to different states.
This article details the operation and the seized items, shedding light on the extensive counterfeit drug trade.
- Vigilance teams from STF Dehradun and the Uttarakhand Drug Department collaborated for a successful operation.
- A fake medicine syndicate operating in Matlapur village in Uttarakhand was targeted.
- The suspect had been under investigation for a long time, involved in producing fake medicines.
- In a joint effort, the teams arrived at Matlapur village and conducted the operation.
- The operation led to the apprehension of the suspect and the seizure of Counterfeit medicines worth 2.5 million.
- Alongside the medicines, raw materials worth $2.5 million were also seized.
- The seized items included 1.8 million packaged medicines, 500,000 unpackaged medicines, five large machines, 20 bundles of raw materials, and five bundles of printed medicine wrappers.
- The suspect’s criminal history is being investigated.
- The accused, Amit Dhimann, was supplying fake medicines through branded company wrappers.
- A substantial amount of fake wrappers, raw materials, and machines were confiscated from the location.
- The fake medicines included counterfeit antibiotics and medicines intended for animals.
Understanding the Operation:
STF Dehradun and the Drug Department’s vigilance team joined forces to dismantle a counterfeit medicine syndicate operating in Matlapur village.
The suspect, Amit Dhimann, had been on the radar for quite some time due to his involvement in manufacturing fake medicines.
The teams coordinated their efforts to execute the operation.
Successful Apprehension and Seizure:
The operation yielded significant results. Amit Dhimann was captured, and a substantial stockpile of counterfeit medicines was recovered, amounting to approximately 2.5 million units.
In addition to the medicines, raw materials used in the manufacturing process, valued at 2.5 million, were also confiscated.
The seized items included a variety of medicines, both packaged and unpackaged, along with machinery and raw materials.
Scope of the Seizure of Counterfeit:
The items confiscated during the operation included:
- 1.8 million packaged counterfeit medicines
- 500,000 unpackaged counterfeit medicines
- Five large machines used in the manufacturing process
- 20 bundles of raw materials
- 5 bundles of printed wrappers for the fake medicines
Investigation and Further Steps:
Apart from the seizure, the suspect’s criminal history is being thoroughly investigated.
Amit Dhimann had been distributing fake medicines by using wrappers from established companies.
The operation exposed a network involved in the production, packaging, and distribution of counterfeit medicines.
The collaborative effort of STF Dehradun and the Drug Department’s vigilance team resulted in the successful dismantling of a counterfeit medicine syndicate in Matlapur village.
The operation led to the apprehension of the suspect and the seizure of a significant amount of counterfeit medicines, raw materials, and manufacturing equipment.
This operation highlights the need for continuous vigilance to combat the distribution of fake medicines in various regions.
Disclaimer: This article contains information derived from the source mentioned below. Our team utilized an AI language model to rewrite and present the news or article in a unique format.
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos on Medical Store / Pharmacy, click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos on the news regarding Pharma / Medical Devices / Cosmetics / Homoeopathy etc., click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos on consumer awareness, click on the below YouTube icon: