The National Institute of Immunology (NII) is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body’s defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (Project)
Name of the project & Duration of the Project : “Multi-functional Nanomaterial systems for modulation of glycosylation in animals” funded by DST Tenable till 12.03.2021
Name of the Project Investigator and Email ID : S.Gopalan Sampathkumar, Staff Scientist-VI [email protected]
Educational Qualifications: M.Sc., in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or Pharmaceutical chemistry or M.Pharm.
Emoluments : Rs. 31,000/- per month plus 24% HRA (As per DST OM dated 30.01.2019).
Also read: Job for Pharmacists (50 posts) in NMMC
Job description & Desired Knowledge :
– This position involves multi-gram and multi-step synthesis of carbohydrate analogues and intermediates, synthesis of water soluble polymeric derivatives with defined molecular weights, peptide synthesis – both solution and solid-phase, protecting and de-protecting methodologies, purification by column chromatography and characterization by NMR, HPLC, mass spectrometry and other techniques.
– Knowledge of design of synthesis, retrosynthetic analysis, methodologies for functional group interconversions, and reaction mechanisms are essential.
– Prior experience in peptide synthesis, organic synthesis, preparation and formulation and characterization of nano- and micro- particles is desirable.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email about the date and time of interviews. Interview of shortlisted candidates will be held online through video conferencing.
6. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail (with the subject heading ‘JRF-MNMG’), to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V., e-mail id, fax numbers, telephone numbers. Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/STPH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : July 31, 2020