Dr Reddy’s Laboratories announced the launch of Ertapenem for Injection, 1 g/vial, a therapeutic equivalent generic version of INVANZ (ertapenem for injection) for injection, 1 g/vial approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA).
Ertapenem for injection is a penem antibacterial indicated in adult patients and pediatric patients (3 months of age and older) for the treatment of the following moderate to severe infections caused by susceptible bacteria:
To read more articles on Dr. Reddy’s, click here
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Complicated skin and skin structure infections, including diabetic foot infections without osteomyelitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Complicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis
- Acute pelvic infections including postpartum endomyometritis, septic abortion and post surgical gynecologic infections
- Ertapenem for injection is indicated in adults for the prophylaxis of surgical site infection following elective colorectal surgery
Marc Kikuchi, CEO, North America Generics, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories said, “We’re excited to extend our strategic partnership with Gland Pharma whose hard work, in collaboration with the team at Dr Reddy’s, has enabled the execution of this launch.”
“Gland Pharma has an exclusive API supply arrangement for this product and a dedicated manufacturing facility in Hyderabad for Ertapenem Injection. With the launch of this product we see increased capacity utilization of this dedicated Penem facility,” said Srinivas Sadu, MD and CEO of Gland Pharma.
The INVANZ brand and generic market had US sales of approximately $205 million MAT for the most recent twelve months ending in March 2021 according to IQVIA Health*.
Dr Reddy’s Ertapenem for Injection, 1 g/vial, is available in packs of 10 vials per carton.
Subscribe for daily free updates on Telegram
For daily free updates on WhatsApp, click here