The mandate of research at NCBS is the study of biology. To realize our goals of understanding living systems, we understand that research problems need to be approached from a variety of directions.
We therefore have recruited, and actively encourage applications from researchers with a variety of backgrounds in the natural sciences, mathematics and computer science.
Biological problems not only require multiple approaches for their solution, but also need researchers of varied expertise to collaborate. Collaboration at every level—within NCBS, within the country and internationally is strongly encouraged.
Post : Facility Assistant, Trainee and Sr. Animal Facility Caretakers
No of Posts : 4
Facility Assistant – 1 position
Facility Trainee – 1 position
Senior Animal Facility Caretakers – 2 positions
Qualification & Experience : BE/B. Tech/M. Pharma/Masters in any biological sciences
Desirable experience : Candidates with prior experience in handling laboratory mice and rats.
Job Responsibilities :
• Providing basic animal care
• Feeding and watering of laboratory animals
• Handle and restraining animals as per SOPs
• Maintain sanitation and animal care equipment of facility
• Clean, sanitize and sterilize cages, racks, equipment, supplies or animal care rooms
• Assist higher-level animal care personnel in more advanced duties
• Provide elementary assistance to facility users in simple technical procedures and record keeping
• Assist in receiving, storing and rotating feed, bedding and other animal care supplies and equipment
• Perform Animal Facility related duties as assigned by animal facility management.
• Assist Facility Staff and Facility Users in their routine colony management and genotyping of mouse & rat stocks.
Salary : As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification
Age limit : Below 35 years as on 01-01-2021
Application Procedure : Please submit the following documents while applying
Cover Letter describing your background and reason and interest for applying for your position
Please note that candidates applying without a proper cover letter will NOT be considered.
Last date to apply :15-06-2021
Note : Kindly fill the online application step by step from your Laptop/Desktop with latest browser. Please do not use MOBILE phones for submitting the online applications.
Subscribe for daily free updates on Telegram
For daily free updates on WhatsApp, click here