Last Updated on August 12, 2021 by The Health Master
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) can trace its origins to the Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated.
JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the following post under the DST-SERB- Core Research Grant project.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Project title : “Isolation and characterization of Extracellular vesicles (exosomes) from human Umbilical Cord-derived Mesenchymal stem cells and determination of their safety and efficacy for ischemic stroke therapy”
No. of post : One (Temporary)
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc. Biotechnology/Molecular Biology / Cell Biology / Biochemistry / life sciences OR M.Tech Biotechnology or MPharm with at least one-two years of experience in stem cell culture techniques and animal research after post-graduation
Desirable : Ph.D./M.Phil. in Neuroscience; Passed NET / GATE / equivalent exam. Candidates with experience in laboratory research in stem cell bioiogy/mammalian cell culture and animal research with publications in the field and hands-on experience in techniques such as cell culture, flow cytometer, western blotting.
Age limit : Upper age limit 32 years. Age limit relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/women candidates as per rules of DST (SERB), New Delhi.
Duration of Post : 2.5 years
Salary : As per DST/ SERB notifications of the Government of India. Currently Rs. 35000+ HRA.
General Terms and conditions
1. Appointment is for a period of one year, to be extended based on the performance every year for a period of 2.5 years until the project is completed.
2. The candidates are advised not to, bring any type of recommendations to influence their selection. Such candidates will be summarily rejected.
3. The appointment can be terminated-at any time before the expiry of the period of 6 months referred to above, with one month’s notice without assigning any reason or if the person’s work is considered unsatisfactory by the competent authority.
4. If the contract appointee wishes to resign his/her job, he/she has to serve one month’s notice or remit one month’s salary or pay thereof, as the case may be proportionate to the shortfall in the notice period.
5. The contract appointee shall perform the duties as assigned to him/her. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and, when required. No extra/additional allowances will be admissible in case of such assignment.
6. The contract appointee shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Attendance, Treatment, Seniority, Promotion etc. or any other benefits available to the Government Servants appointed on regular basis.
7. The contract appointee shall be on a Full-time appointment at JIPMER, Puducherry and shall not accept any other assignment, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in private practice of any kind during the period of contract.
8. The contract appointee will not be entitled to any T.A. for joining the appointment.
9. Other conditions of service will be governed by relevant rules and orders issued from time to time.
10. If any declaration given or information furnished by him/her proves false or if h.e./she is found to have wilfully suppressed any material, information, he/she will be liable for removal from the position and also such other action as may deemed necessary.
11. The JIPMER reserves the right not to select any candidate if no candidate is found suitable for the post.
12. The contract appointee will not have any claim for permanent or regular employment in this Institute as this is purely a temporary contractual engagement and will remain valid up to contractual period for which the engagement is approved on each occasion.
13. The contract appointee will not be eligible to get official accommodation/quarters allotment within the campus as applicable to other regular employees of this institute.
14. The contract appointee shall in no case represent or give opinion or advice to others in matter which is adverse to others in any matter or which is adverse to the interest of the institute.
15. Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
Interested candidates may E-mail the documents mentioned in section B as PDF files to the mail ID: [email protected] with copy to [email protected] on or before 23-08- 2021; 5:00 PM Shortlisted list of candidates will be announced through JIPMER website notification.
Interview will be conducted provisionally on 25-08-2021, via web conference ONLY. Time of interview and login details will be intimated by email. Expected date of commencement of fellowship: 01.09.2021.