Last Updated on September 17, 2021 by The Health Master
7 Easy tips to manage Blood Pressure at home
Stress, family history or an ailment can lead to hypertension.
Here are the tips:
1. Taking timely medication once diagnosed and regular health check-ups are important to manage hypertension.
Dr Bipeenchandra Bhamre, Cardiovascular Surgeon, Sir H N Reliance Foundation Hospital and Lilavati hospital, gives tips to manage blood pressure at home.
2. Eat a balanced diet with lots of seasonal fruits and vegetables and keep your body weight in normal range.
3. Remember to exercise for at least half an hour per day. You can do activities of your choice like brisk walking, aerobics, swimming, gymming, pilates, parkour or yoga.
4. Avoid having too much salt in the diet that can increase your blood pressure. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, pulses, whole grains, and legumes.
Give up on junk, spicy, oily, and fatty foods. Avoid carbonated and sugary drinks. Stay hydrated by drinking a lot of water.
5. Monitor your kidney health on a regular basis.
6. Go to bed early and take a good night’s sleep for at least 7-8 hours.
7. Last, but not the least, continue to take your blood pressure medications on time.
High blood pressure can affect heart, brain, kidneys and other vital organs and lead to heart attack and brain stroke.