Last Updated on November 2, 2021 by The Health Master
The National Institute of Immunology is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body’s defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention.
The institute’s research thrust areas under immunology and related disciplines cluster in four main themes, namely, infection and immunity, molecular design, gene regulation and reproduction and development, where cutting edge research in modern biology is being carried out.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (Project)
Applications are invited for the one position of Senior Research Fellow (Project) for the following time-bound sponsored project as per the details given below.
Name of the project & Duration of the Project : “Multi-stage malaria vaccine candidates for the prevention of Plasmodium falciparum infection in mosquito and pre-erythrocytic development in man” funded by BIRAC. Tenable till- February 2024
Name of the Project Investigator and Email ID : Dr. Agam Prasad Singh Staff Scientist-VI Email : [email protected]
Educational Qualifications : M.Sc or M. tech in any branch of Biology / Life Science with minimum of two years of research experience and two research publications. The candidate should have qualified any ‘National Level Examination’ as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
Candidates with M.Pharm degree and two research publications are also eligible to apply. Hands on experience in animal handling is a must
Emoluments :The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019 (As sanctioned by the funding agency) : Rs. 35,000/- per month plus 24% HRA.
Job description & Desired Knowledge : Development of transgenic Plasmodium berghei parasites expressing Plasmodium falciparum genes.
Phenotype analysis of transgenic parasites and growing transgenic parasites in mosquito, Sporozoite isolation from mosquito, Mouse challenge with transgenic malaria parasites. Parasite load determination by qPCR.
General Terms & Conditions
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
6. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email about the date and time of Interviews. Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held through online video conferencing tools.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through E-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V., E-mail-ID, fax numbers, telephone numbers.
Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/ST/PH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 01.11.2021
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon: