Last Updated on December 28, 2021 by The Health Master
The procedure for applying:
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system.
The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
Work at the NHSRC is organised around seven divisions, namely: Community Processes and Comprehensive Primary Care (CP-CPHC), Quality Improvement, Public Health Planning, Public Health Administration, Healthcare Financing & Healthcare Technology, and Human Resources for Health. NHSRC intends to recruit a Consultant – Drugs and Logistics purely on a short-term basis.
Post : Short Term Consultant (Drugs and Logistics)
Summary of the Position
India is among the countries with the highest out of pocket expenses (OPE) on healthcare, of which approx. 65 percent of the expenditure is on account of drugs & diagnostic.
Under the National Health Mission (NHM), the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW) has been supporting the states to improve access to free/affordable drugs to the beneficiaries through recently launched Free Drugs Service Initiative.
This support includes strengthening system of procurement, developing IT Backed supply chain system (Drugs and Vaccine distribution system (DVDMS), introducing latest warehousing techniques, Quality Assurance System, prescription audits, setting up of grievance redressal system, and channelizing Information, education and communication (IEC).
MoHFW has also launched an IT enabled drug tracking & monitoring system, DVDMS (Drug & Vaccine Distribution and Management System), which provides real-time monitoring of drug availability at different level.
The incumbent would be expected to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the Free Drugs Initiative in the states, which would encompass handholding the states during the roll out and managing the operational issues faced during the implementation.
S/he would also be expected to coordinate with the MoHFW, Software development organisation, states and other stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities :
Expected role of the incumbent is multi-dimensional and are summarised below –
• To review the existing Procurements/logistics and supply chain Management systems in the country.
• To conduct situational analysis and field visits for enabling informed decision by the states in implementation of the initiative.
• To assist states and MoH&FW in adoption/customization of the IT based Inventory Management system developed by CDAC and NIC e.g. e-Aushidhi, DVDMS etc.
• To review and update the existing Essential Medicine List (EML) in accordance with the revised Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS) for different level of public health facilities.
• Develop strategy and Implementation Plan for states to promote “Rational use of Drugs” by changing Prescription behaviour of doctors.
• Supporting states in Planning, conducting and Analysis of Prescription Audits.
• Financial analysis of the Budget Proposed by the state in PIP, Approvals in ROP, and utilization by the state.
• To collect and analyse the data regarding drugs and logistics systems provided by the states.
• To track and review the periodic data uploaded by the states on DVDMS developed by MOHFW.
• Any other function, as allotted by Advisor – Quality Improvement.
Qualification & Experience :
For achieving above-mentioned deliverables, the applicant is expected to possess following qualifications & experience –
• Full time B. Pharma degree from a recognized institute.
• Three years of experience in Drug Procurement/ Logistics/ Supply chain Management /Health department.
• Previous experience of work related to Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS) shall be preferred.
• Strong IT skills with knowledge of logistics Management Information Systems (DVDMS, EAushadhi, etc).
• Proficiency in MS Office package.
• Excellent Communication skills – Writing & Verbal.
• Masters’ Degree in Pharmacy or Hospital Administration from a recognized institute.
• Full-time MBA (or equivalent) in Pharma Management/ Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
• Please note that fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not result into short-listing of the candidates for the interview.
• Since the requirement is immediate, the incumbent would be expected to join two weeks’ time of the selection.
• Initial contract would be for three months, which may be extended for a limited period.
Age Limit : Up to 40 Years (as on the date of receiving the application)
Work Location : New Delhi; Opportunity to gain hands on experience of public health canvas of states
and districts. Travel to states and districts will be involved.
Remuneration Range : Between Rs. 60,000/- to Rs. 1,20,000/-
*Fee offered within the band will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Candidates selected in this interview could be considered for other vacant positions at NHSRC requiring similar skill sets and at appropriate level.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to fill in the online application correctly, which is available on the NHSRC website (nhsrcindia.org).
Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only. Last date for receiving applications is 28th December 2021.
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon: