Govt Job: Are you a pharmacy graduate looking for a promising government job opportunity in 2023? The Health and Family Welfare Directorate, Himachal Pradesh has opened its doors for enthusiastic candidates to join as Pharmacy Officer in the Health and Family Welfare Department.
This article provides detailed information about the above-mentioned post, essential qualifications, a job description, and other crucial aspects you need to know.
Post: Pharmacy Officer Position
The Health and Family Welfare Directorate is seeking applications from persons with disabilities (PwD) to fill six Pharmacy Officer positions on a contract basis through direct recruitment.
To be eligible for the Pharmacy Officer position, candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Education: Applicants should have completed 10+2 in Science from a recognized Board of School Education.
- Pharmacy Degree or Diploma: Candidates should hold a degree or diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized University or an institution duly recognized by the Central/State Government.
- Pharmacy Council Registration: It is essential to be registered with the Pharmacy Council of the concerned State/Central Government.
Candidates with knowledge of customs, manners, and dialects of Himachal Pradesh and suitability for appointment in the peculiar conditions prevailing in the Pradesh will be preferred.
Applicants must be between 18 to 45 years old. Some important considerations regarding age limit include:
- The upper age limit won’t apply to candidates already in government service, including those on ad-hoc or contract basis.
- Candidates who were government servants before absorption into Public Sector Corporations/Autonomous Bodies will receive age concessions in direct recruitment.
- Candidates must have registered their names in the concerned Employment Exchanges before turning 45 years old.
- Age limit for direct recruitment will be reckoned on the first day of the year in which the posts are advertised.
As a Pharmacy Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Dispensing medicines based on prescriptions issued by the Medical Officer.
- Administering injections, including intravenous, under the supervision of a Medical Officer.
- Properly maintaining surgical instruments and equipment in Civil Dispensaries and PHCs.
- Handling emergency duties during off hours.
- Changing dressings for operated cases in outpatient settings.
- Assisting with the management of medical stores, surgical instruments, and indenting.
- Preparing abstract reports and returns under the guidance of the Medical Superintendent.
- Assisting Medical Officers in operative work in Civil Dispensaries and PHCs.
- Responsibility for auditing drug accounts.
- Maintaining records of all drugs and injections issued to patients.
- Keeping records of “Purchase Fee” and other financial transactions.
- Assisting with correspondence related to the institution’s functioning.
- Updating instruments and permanent store registers.
- Preparing lists of medicines set to expire soon and placing orders.
- Ensuring proper storage of vaccines and maintaining the required temperature.
- Providing practical knowledge to intern or trainee pharmacists.
- Maintaining proper records of prescriptions and medicines used.
- Participating in drug purchase committees.
- Prescribing medicines to patients in the absence of a Medical Officer.
- In-charge of Civil Dispensaries/PHCs in the absence of a Medical Officer.
- Other duties assigned by the Medical Superintendent/ S.M.O./ M.O. related to pharmacy work.
Candidates must note the following important conditions:
- Candidates from Himachal Pradesh must have passed Matriculation and 10+2 from a school/institution within the state, except for Bonafide Himachalis.
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes certificates should be on a parental basis.
- OBC candidates must produce certificates not more than one year old at the time of application.
- Candidates claiming EWS reservation must provide an Income and Asset Certificate from a competent authority.
- The certificate validity will be checked during documentation.
- Vacancies earmarked for EWS that cannot be filled due to non-availability of suitable candidates will not be carried forward.
- Submission of requisite documents is mandatory during documentation.
- Category claims cannot be changed once made.
- Eligibility will be determined based on essential qualifications and experience as of the closing date.
- Incomplete or over-written application forms will be rejected.
How to Apply:
Candidates can submit their applications on the prescribed Application Format either personally or through registered/speed post. The deadline for submission to the Directorate of Health Services is October 10, 2023, and October 15, 2023, for tribal areas.
Address for Application Submission:
Director Health Services, Health and Family Welfare Directorate, SDA Complex Kasumpti, Shimla-9, Himachal Pradesh
Please note that the appointment is subject to the final outcome of CWP NO. 4327/2021.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to join the government as a Pharmacy Officer in Himachal Pradesh. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and submit your application before the deadline. Your career in the pharmaceutical sector awaits!
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos on Medical Store / Pharmacy, click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos on the news regarding Pharma / Medical Devices / Cosmetics / Homoeopathy etc., click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos on consumer awareness, click on the below YouTube icon: