< 1 min. read
Latest posts by Manmohan Taneja (see all)
- Possible mechanism to strengthen FDAs in regard to cognizable offences in the light of SC judgement - September 1, 2020
- Operation of Blood Storage Centres - January 4, 2020
- Risk Management of Medical Devices – ISO: 14971 - December 14, 2019
Following are the suggestions for conducting successful decoy operation on suspected chemist shops involved in illegal sale of intoxicants, MTP Kits and scheduled drugs etc.
- Identify a decoy customer of highest integrity.
- Obtain undertaking that he / she is willing to participate as decoy customer / patient.
- Prepare a shadow witness to associate decoy customer.
- Prepare a list of currency notes mentioning their serial numbers & denominations.
- Handover currency notes to decoy customer with instructions to use them only while purchasing drugs, for which they have been sent.
- Provide decoy customer with hidden audio or video recorders if possible.
- Officers conducting operation i.e I.O. should be present near the premises waiting for signal from decoy / shadow witness.
- Signal must be pre- fixed before operation.
- Keep the contact details of nearest police station ready to seek help if necessary.
- Reach the premises as soon as signal is received.
- After brief feedback from the decoy / shadow witness, reach the premises, recover the currency notes, objectionable drugs, material objects, records etc.
- Make thorough investigation, obtain statement of accused / co-accused.
- Apply section 100(4) of Cr.P.C. to search and seizure.
- Copies of seizure memo, inspection reports, spot memo etc. must be given to accused against acknowledgement.
- Prepare list of seized drugs, material objects & documents on prescribed form & same must be signed by accused, witness & raiding officers.
- Statements of decoy customer, shadow witness, accused & other witness must be recorded on the spot.
- Complete report of operation must be prepared forthwith & be sent to higher authorities telephonically as well as in writing.