Latest posts by Manmohan Taneja (see all)
- Possible mechanism to strengthen FDAs in regard to cognizable offences in the light of SC judgement - September 1, 2020
- Operation of Blood Storage Centres - January 4, 2020
- Risk Management of Medical Devices – ISO: 14971 - December 14, 2019
Last Updated on December 4, 2019 by The Health Master
Following are the suggestions for conducting successful decoy operation on suspected chemist shops involved in illegal sale of intoxicants, MTP Kits and scheduled drugs etc.
- Identify a decoy customer of highest integrity.
- Obtain undertaking that he / she is willing to participate as decoy customer / patient.
- Prepare a shadow witness to associate decoy customer.
- Prepare a list of currency notes mentioning their serial numbers & denominations.
- Handover currency notes to decoy customer with instructions to use them only while purchasing drugs, for which they have been sent.
- Provide decoy customer with hidden audio or video recorders if possible.
- Officers conducting operation i.e I.O. should be present near the premises waiting for signal from decoy / shadow witness.
- Signal must be pre- fixed before operation.
- Keep the contact details of nearest police station ready to seek help if necessary.
- Reach the premises as soon as signal is received.
- After brief feedback from the decoy / shadow witness, reach the premises, recover the currency notes, objectionable drugs, material objects, records etc.
- Make thorough investigation, obtain statement of accused / co-accused.
- Apply section 100(4) of Cr.P.C. to search and seizure.
- Copies of seizure memo, inspection reports, spot memo etc. must be given to accused against acknowledgement.
- Prepare list of seized drugs, material objects & documents on prescribed form & same must be signed by accused, witness & raiding officers.
- Statements of decoy customer, shadow witness, accused & other witness must be recorded on the spot.
- Complete report of operation must be prepared forthwith & be sent to higher authorities telephonically as well as in writing.