The NIOH is the premier institute, under the aegis of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India. The need for research in Occupational Health in the country was first appreciated by Indian Research Fund Association (IRFA), the forerunner of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
IRFA set up an Industrial Health Advisory Committee (IHAC) under the chairmanship of Col. Bozman in 1945.
The following posts are to be filled up through walk in written test/interview under the time bound research project entitled “A pilot study to evaluate the spread of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) to biomedical waste handlers by bioaerosol exposure” funded by GSBTM at ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health (NlOH) Ahmedabad under Network Program on AMR, Superbugs and One Health. The posts are purely temporary, ad-hoc & on contractual basis and co-terminus with the project.
No. of vacancies : 01
Essential Qualifications : Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree in professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
A) Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests — CSIR-UGC, NET, including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
B) The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST. DBT. DAE, DOS. DRDO. MHRD. ICAR. ICMR. LIT. IIsc, USER. etc.
Desirable Qualifications : Candidates with knowledge and technical experience of environmental microbiology, microbial isolation and characterization techniques, molecular biology and bioinforniatics tools will be preferred.
NET qualified candidates will be preferred
Age : Upper age limit is 28 Years as on the dale of Interview
Consolidated Salary : Rs.31.000/- per month + HRA (Rs.5000) as per GSBTM norms
Place of work: ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad
Job Requirement/ Description : Candidate will be required
a) To perform filed visits and environmental and personal bioaerosol sampling
b) To perform experiments involving microbial isolation, identification and characterization using conventional microbiological methods as well as molecular biology tools. Antimicrobial resistance profiling will also need to done.
c) To perform sample preparation for metagenomics in the environmental samples and clinical isolates from study participants.
d) To perform experiments with clinical isolates and blood profiling (CBC, IgE. CRP etc).
e) To assist the research team in logistics arrangements for filed visits: assisting in collation of data, data analysis and report writing and maintenance of project related equipments and documents.
Tenure : Initially for a period of six months and renewed subsequently based on performance or until the termination of the project and maximum upto three years.
Research Associate (RA)
Essential Qualifications : Ph. D/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSC/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least I research paper in science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
Desirable Qualifications : Candidate having extensive research experience in environmental microbiology and microbial content analysis, antimicrobial resistance studies, molecular biology & bioinformatics, metagenomics and NGS data analysis with good research publications as documentary evidence will be preferred. Candidate will be required to do filed visits and liaison with other organizations. Experience of working on filed and handling environmental and human samples will be an added advantage. Proficiency in scientific writing.
Age : Upper age limit is 40 Years as on the date of Interview (Relaxed upper age limit by two years in case of women candidates)
Consolidated Salary : Rs.47.000/- per months + HRA (Rs 7200) as per GSBTM norms
Place of work: ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad
Job Requirement / Description
a) Candidates will be required to spearhead the project by planning and coordinating the field visits, liasoning with different stakeholders for smooth conduct of research activities.
b) Will perform environmental (bioaerosol) and personal sampling and help in clinical sampling.
c) Perform experiments related to environmental and clinical samples, analysis of microbial profile using conventional microbial tools as well as metagenomics approach; and antimicrobial resistance profiling.
d) Conduct experiments for blood profiling (hematology and biochemistry) from clinical samples of the study participants.
e) Plan and execute experiments as per the project time line, collate & analyze data, report writing as per funding agencies requirements
Tenure : initially for a period of six months and renewed subsequently based on performance or until the termination of the project and maximum upto three years
Terms & Conditions
1. The interested candidates meeting above-mentioned conditions of eligibility may report on 18/05/2022 at this Institute Candidates will not be entertained after reporting time under any circumstances. The candidates have to submit application on plain paper along with two copies of their detailed Bio-Data with sell-attested copies of the certificates (a) Proof of Date of Birth (b) Qualification (c) Experience (d) Recent Passport size photograph, e) Reserved Category certificate etc.. at the time of reporting. Only shortlisted candidates will be allowed for interview through personal discussion after verification of documents. The original certificates may be produce for verification on demand.
2. Qualification & experience required are as per ICMR guidelines; experience shall be counted after acquiring the essential qualification; age limit and experience will be considered as on last date of receipt of Interview.
3. Benefits of Provident Fund, CCA. Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim, Leave Concession etc. are not admissible. The posts are purely temporary, co-terminate with the project, and the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment/employment under ICMR/ICMR-NIOH. or continuation in other project and his/her engagement will be deemed terminated immediately after expiry of the project/appointment.
4. Age relaxation will be admissible in respect of SC/ST (5 years). OBC (3 years), PH (10 years) and women candidates (5 years), etc.. in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government/DoPT/ICMR from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other ICMR research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons.
5. Candidates employed in Govt. Service /Semi Govt. /Autonomous Bodies of State/Central Govt, should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of written test / walk-in Interview.
6. Depending upon number of applicants, the written examination/test shall be conducted. The duration of examination is of one hour and consisting of objective type questions on general science, general analytical ability and knowledge of concerned area.
7. The short listed candidates will be intimated through e-mail only on further procedures of recruitment. The short listed candidates are required to produce original documents for verification at the time of interview/personal discussion
8. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature. ‘
9. Any further information may be downloaded from ICMR-NIOH website, which will be updated from time to time. Date of personal discussion / written test may be changed due to administrative reasons, hence, candidates are advised to check website before appearing for personal discussion / written test.
10. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test / interview / personal discussion.
11. Female candidate fulfilling the essential and desired qualifications are encouraged to apply.
12. The decision of the Director/Director-in-Charge. ICMR- National Institute of Occupational Health. Ahmedabad will be final in this regard. Canvassing in any form will be considered as a disqualification.
Date & Time : May 18, 2022; 2 PM
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon: