Last Updated on June 22, 2022 by The Health Master
The Regional Research Institute for Siddha in Puducherry was established on 22nd August, 1979. The Government of Puducherry came forward to provide basic infrastructure for setting up of this institute.
Initially, the institute was located in a block of Government General Hospital. This institute started functioning in its own premises at Kuyavarpalaiyam since 2003 with a well-maintained campus and picturesque herbal garden with more than 150 medicinal plants.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (Pharmacology) – 01 (One) Post
Virtual / Personal interview is proposed to be conducted for the selection of Senior Research Fellow (Pharmacology) – one post for the EMR Project “Ameliorative Potential of D5 Chooranam in Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Retinopathy”.
The engagement will be purely on contract basis and no claim for continuation or regular appointment will be entertained. The date of the interview will be notified through CCRS website / Email to the eligible shortlisted candidates.
Educational Qualification :
i. M.Pharm. (Pharmacology) / M.Sc. (Biochemistry / Biotechnology with experience in handling laboratory animals) / M.V.Sc. (Specialization in Pharmacology) with not less than 55% aggregate from a recognized University.
ii. Minimum 2 years of Research/ Industrial/ Academic experience.
Desirable Qualification :
i) SLET/NET qualified.
ii) Experience in handling laboratory animals, RT-PCR, Western Blotting, ELISA and biochemistry assays.
iii) Paper Publications in peer reviewed journals.
iv) Basic computer skills like MS Office, etc.
Remuneration : Rs.28,000/- + 24% HRA
Age : Not exceeding 35 years (Relaxation will be given up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Women and Physically challenged candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates as per GoI Rules).
Period of the Project : Initially for a period of 1 year with subsequent extension based on the performance maximum up to 2 years or till completion of the project, whichever is earlier.
Place of Posting : Siddha Central Research Institute, Chennai.
How to Apply
The filled in application in the prescribed format along with self attested certificates/documents (Scanned copies) must be sent to the email address [email protected] with cc to [email protected] All the attachments are required in PDF only.
Hard copies of the same also need to be sent by post to:
The Research Officer (S) S III & I/c Siddha Regional Research Institute,
Chellaperumal Street, Kuyavarpalayam, Puducherry – 605013.
Instructions to the candidates :
1. CV/ Resume will not be accepted. The application should be in the prescribed format only along with all required documents. If otherwise, applications would be summarily rejected.
2. Candidates should enclose self-attested photocopies of educational qualification, research experience and other testimonials along with filled application.
3. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the last date of application.
4. All posts are on contractual basis for the specified duration offered. The engagement period may be renewed after the given duration subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
5. The selected candidate will have no claim for regular appointments under SRRI / SCRI / CCRS or continuation of his/her services by any means.
6. Date, Time and place/mode of interview will be intimated through CCRS website/ email to the eligible candidates. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
7. Incomplete applications without relevant enclosures cannot be entertained.
8. The selection of the candidate will be based on their performance in the interview. However, a written test on MCQ pattern may be required for further short-listing purpose prior to interview.
9. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
10. The Research Officer (S) S III & In-charge reserves all the rights to accept or reject any application, postpone / cancel the interview without assigning any reasons, thereof.
11. Candidates are advised to follow CCRS website regularly for further information, if any which will be updated from time to time.
Last date of submission of application : 05.07.2022 up to 5 p.m.
For informative videos on Medical Store / Pharmacy, click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon: