Last Updated on December 8, 2022 by The Health Master
Apply online, the link is given below: National Health Mission Tamil Nadu (NHM-TN) is the umbrella program of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, to assure universal access to equitable, affordable, and quality health care that is accountable and at the same time responsive to the needs of the people and works towards the reduction of child and maternal deaths as well as population stabilization, gender equity, and demographic balance.
Post: State Consultant – Public Health
National Health Mission – Tamil Nadu is seeking applications from eligible candidates for Eight positions of State Consultant, Public Health for its State Programme Management Unit in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
No of Posts: 08
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
As a State Consultant, the overall objective is to provide requisite technical support, build capacity, and implement and manage programmes and initiatives under National Health Mission – Tamil Nadu, across Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels of healthcare.
• Facilitating implementation of NHM-TN activities across the State by assisting the Mission Director and Programme Officers concerned.
• Monitor the implementation of the programmes assigned.
• Assist in the formulation of the State Programme Implementation Plan for NHM-TN based on the findings of facility surveys conducted along with other components/sub-components of the Planning processes in the respective areas.
• Undertake studies/surveys / operational research on health issues.
• Assist in the identification of technical assistance needs of different districts to accelerate the implementation of State Plans for NHM
• Provide technical assistance to District Programme Management Unit as necessary and conduct supportive supervision of programme implementation.
• Identify low-performing indicators in the Districts and facilitate the roll out of phase-wise plans for the uplift of Health indicators to improve their performance.
• Assist the Mission Director / Programme Officer in the appraisal of reports/plans related to various topics/issues of Health Systems Strengthening from time to time.
• Support generation and synthesis of evidence on components of health systems strengthening from field visits & multiple technical data sources
• He/She should be a team player.
• Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by Mission Director, National Health Mission TN and other State Govt. authorities.
Timely accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, regular reporting, providing situational analysis, achieving key deliverables and providing support to strengthen and implement key elements of the Programme assigned.
Qualifications and experience
• A Medical Graduate (MBBS), Dental Graduate (BDS), AYUSH Graduate and Para- Medical Graduate with Post Graduate Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Preventive and Social Medicine, Epidemiology or equivalent.
• Previous work experience at the National / State / Districts level or in any Government Organisations will be an advantage.
• A minimum of 1 (One) year post-qualification experience is desirable for Medical Graduates (MBBS) and a minimum of 2 (Two) years post-qualification experience is desirable for non – MBBS (BDS, AYUSH & others) graduates in Health Systems Research or in Planning and Implementation of service delivery.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and strategy development with policy and/or demonstrated experience in operationalizing health programmes at the field level / working in strengthening district-level health systems.
• Published work in the area of health systems or public health is preferable.
• Computer proficiency with a high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; any other computerized statistical/analytical package is highly desirable.
• Good oral presentation and writing skills.
• Demonstrated managerial skills and able to lead a team.
Remuneration: The Consultant will be paid a consolidated monthly salary as per NHM-TN norms (within Rs. 47,500/- to Rs. 60,000/-)*.
The Consultant shall not be entitled to any other benefits, payments, subsidies, compensation or pension.
The consultant shall not be exempt from taxation and shall not be entitled to reimbursement of any taxes which may be levied as per existing rules on the remuneration received.
*Fee offered within the band will be commensurate to qualification and experience.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years of age (as of the last date of receiving of applications).
Travel and subsistence: The Consultant should be ready to travel extensively to District/Block/village levels.
All travels must be authorized in advance by Mission Director, NHM-TN. The Consultant shall be reimbursed for travel as per NHM-TN Norms.
Reporting Requirements: The Consultant will submit monthly/applicable updated reports to the State Programme Manager, NHM TN.
Workstation: The workstation of the Consultant is at National Health Mission- Tamil Nadu, State Programme Management Unit, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Mode of Recruitment: The Consultant shall be engaged through Contract / Outsourcing mode for a period of 11 months.
The Consultant’s first term (11 months) will be on probation. Subject to satisfactory performance, the Consultant will be continued for the subsequent terms.
Termination: The contract can be terminated by either party giving a notice of one month in writing.
Candidates selected in this interview could be considered for other vacant positions at NHM-TN requiring similar skill sets and at the appropriate level.
To Apply: Candidates are requested to click on the Google Form link below and fill in all the details by 10th December 2022.
Applications submitted in other formats will not be accepted.
Please ensure to mention the post applied for on the application form, without which the application form will not be accepted.
For informative videos on Medical Store / Pharmacy, click on the below YouTube icon:
For informative videos by The Health Master, click on the below YouTube icon: