Last Updated on May 29, 2022 by The Health Master
Guidelines for ENT doctors: Govt
With the number of coronavirus cases increasing each day, we all have to be more conscious about our hygiene and social distancing.
After the lockdown which spanned for over two months, the government has now decided to open up several institutions, hospitals and other places in three phases. Though some places like cinema halls, swimming pool and international flight will still remain closed.
Many doctors and hospitals who had kept their services open only for emergencies are now opening up full time. In this situation, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued a guideline for safe ENT (ear, nose and throat) practice to minimise the spread of COVID 19 infection.
ENT is at a high-risk, thus, the guidelines are aimed at minimising the spread of COVID 19 infection among ENT doctors, support staff, patients and their attendants. The guidelines include the protocols and SOP for the ENT OPD, protocols for the Head and Neck Surgery Ward and Guidelines for the operation theatre for ENT surgeries.
Also read: WHO includes HCQ in solidarity trial again
Here are some important precautions to be followed
- – Screening of the patients before they enter the clinic. Wearing a mask, PPE kits are necessary for the health care professional.
- – While gowns and a triple-layered mask is essential for the patients and caretakers. The wards have to be well-ventilated and visitors will not be allowed.
- – The hospitals have to be kept clean and disinfected regularly. No non-COVID-19 patients will undergo surgery in the COVID-19 wards.
- – Patient belongings should be minimum and examination instruments will be properly sterilised as per the standard protocol.
- – Wards will have minimum furniture for proper cleaning and sanitization.
- – Distancing of at least two meters between two patient beds is necessary.
- – Patients can be segregated depending on the time of their admission.
- – Here are the full guidelines by the Ministry of Health and Family –