Last Updated on February 18, 2021 by The Health Master
Fruit juices are generally considered to be healthy and consumed very often as a part of the daily routine.
But it would be interesting to consider that fruit juices are high in sugar that can lead to high blood sugar levels and insulin spike resulting in increased fat percentage in the body and weight gain.
Fruit juices are sometimes also considered under the spectrum of sugary sodas since it is high on sugar as well.
Nutritionist & Lifestyle Educator Karishma Chawla shares, “Fruit juices are often consumed on a raw food diet most likely in the summers where the body prefers more cooling foods like fruits, smoothies and salads.
Having said that, the emphasis on cooling foods that are healthy and add to the well being rather than indulging into fruit juices that are high in sugar which clearly override the nutritional benefits of the fruit itself.”
For more ARTICLES on health and fitness, click here
It is worth mentioning that fruit juices can be consumed post a vigorous exercise to replenish the body with the necessary nutrients and natural sugar such as after a heavy weight training session or after running a marathon or any other high intensity sports exercise.
Nutritionist Karishma Chawla further shares the best ways to consume fruits:
– Fruits are best consumed whole rather than a fruit juice. A whole fruit is high in fiber and does not lead to high blood sugar levels or insulin spike.
– The best time to consume fruits is in the first half of the day. So maybe to begin with is to stop eating fruits say by 4pm, then make it closer to as 2 pm and the ideal thing would be to finish consuming it by 12 noon.
– Fruits must be avoided to be eaten over a meal since it will result in further increase in blood sugar levels increasing weight gain. Also food eaten over a meal can lead to indigestion and discomfort.
– Fruits can be consumed as a part of vegetable smoothie to add natural sugar to the drink and also helps to detoxify the liver and remove the toxins from the body. For eg a smoothie made of spinach with apple, orange or some berries with some ginger and pinch salt.
To read more about fruits and fruit diets, click here
– Fruits can be eaten as a fruit salad with some herbs , spices and salt.
– Can combine fruits as a mid filler in the morning with healthy nuts like almonds and walnuts or a source of protein like eggs
– Fruits are the seed bearing structures formed from the ovary after flowering. They are generally fleshy and are high valued for their distinctive flavor, taste, freshness, juiciness, colour, texture and nutrition.
They are considered to be very healthy and are used in illness. This is attributed to the presence of numerous phytochemicals and other bioactive compounds.
It is worth mentioning that it would be a good idea to regularly consume high fiber fruits that are low in sugar such as apple, pear, orange, sweetlime, guava, papaya , peach, plum.
Limit the high sugary fruits such as banana, mango, chickoo, grapes and others to twice a week .
Also read | Uric Acid को इस diet से करे Control
Go to main website, click here
Subscribe for daily free updates, click here
For daily free updates on WhatsApp, click here