Last Updated on September 29, 2021 by The Health Master
National Institute for Implementation Research (NIIR) on Non-Communicable Diseases, Jodhpur, is a research Institute under the aegis of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
The Institute, located in Jodhpur, came into existence on the 8th of December 2019, replacing the erstwhile Desert Medicine Research Centre.
With state of the art facilities to conduct basic laboratory based research in its microbiology, biochemistry and vector biology laboratories, in addition to a full-fledged epidemiology wing, the institute is in the phase of acquiring human resources and facilities for strengthening its capacity to fulfill its mandate to conduct implementation research on noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) in India.
Post :Project Research Associate – III
The Institute intends to engage following Non-Institutional project human resource positions, purely on temporary contract basis for its World Health Organization (WHO) funded Agreement to Perform Work (APW) project titled “Defining and Mapping of Implementation Research on Non-Communicable Diseases in India”, being undertaken at ICMR-NIIRNCD Jodhpur.
The proposed project aims at synthesizing evidence in this field of research. For this purpose, the institute invites applications for the temporary posts mentioned herewith. Required qualifications and other details are also given below.
No. of Posts : 03 (UR)
Monthly Emoluments (Consolidated) : Rs.47,200/- p.m. (INR 40000 + HRA)
Essential / Desirable Qualifications and Experience : Essential Qualification :- Ph.D/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after M.Sc/ M.Pharma/ ME/ M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCT) journal.
Duration : Up to 15th Dece mber 2021
Maximum age Limit : 35 years
Instructions to the candidates :-
1. The eligible candidates willing to apply for the above mentioned posts may download the application form from the websites.
2. The candidates shall bring the duly filled application forms (s) along with all documents in support of (a) Proof of Date of Birth (b) Qualification (c) Experience (d) Recent Passport size photograph etc. while coming for written test/personal discussion/interview as per the schedule given. Application Form should be filled for each post.
3. The Eligibility of the candidates shall be checked at the venue and only eligible candidates shall be allowed to appear for the written test/interview.
4. In case of more than 30 candidates, a written test comprising of 20 number of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with 20 marks, shall be taken. The Qualifying Marks for the written test shall be as under :-
For SC/ST : 35%
For UR/OBC/EWS : 40%
5. The candidates scoring qualifying marks or more shall be interviewed as follows :- Top 09 candidates in the written test.
6. Only eligible candidates will appear for written test/personal discussion/interview. In case of more than 30 eligible candidates, a written test will be conducted comprising of multiple choice questions. The level of questions would be of essential qualification prescribed for the post. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test/interview subject to qualifying the skill test, wherever applicable.
7. The final merit shall be prepared on the basis of marks of written test and interview. In case of non conductance of written test being less than 30 candidates, the merit shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the interview.
8. The candidates so selected must have to deposit/submit their original documents pertaining to the minimum essential qualification to the institute. The original documents shall be returned to the candidates on successful completion of their tenure in the project and proper relieving from the Institute.
Other Terms and Conditions :-
1. Qualifications should be from recognized Institutions/Universities only.
2. Experience certificate should clearly state the nature of work during the period of employment. Experience in the relevant discipline/ field should be from a reputed institution/ organization recognized by the relevant authority.
3. Age relaxation will be admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, retrenched Government Employees, Departmental Candidates (including projects) and Ex-servicemen etc. in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government/DoPT/ICMR from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons. SC/ST/OBC will be given age relaxation in respect of the posts reserved for them only and not for UR posts.
4. The conditions of reservations for EWS shall be governed by the norms of DoPT OM No. 336039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 19.01.2019 and 31.01.2019. Candidates applying in the EWS category should submit an “Income and Asset Certificate” as per the format given in Annexure-I.
5. Candidates employed in Govt. Service /Semi Govt./ Autonomous Bodies of State/ Central Govt. should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of submission of Application Form/walk-in-interview/personal discussions failing which they will not be allowed to appear for walk-in-interview/ personal discussions.
6. All posts are contractual for the duration offered and likely to continue till completion of the Project.
7. The Director, ICMR-NIIR-NCD reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts or cancel the recruitment or re-advertise the posts at any time, without assigning any reasons thereof. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
8. Date of personal discussion/interview may be changed due to administrative reasons. Hence, candidates are advised to check website before appearing for personal discussion/online interview.
9. Canvassing and brining pressure in any form for written test/personal discussion/interview and employment will be a disqualification and such candidates will be barred from selection process.
10. Candidates applying for more than one post should SEPARATELY apply for each post.
11. POST QUALIFICATION EXPERIECE i.e. experience from the date of completion of minimum essential educational qualification shall only be counted.
12. Submission of incorrect or false information shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
13. Since the posts are purely on temporary basis, no benefit of Provident Fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical, etc. will be available to the appointee.
14. Age, Qualification, Experience etc., will be reckoned as on the date of Written Test/Walk-in-interview.
15. No TA/DA will be given for attending written test/personal discussion/interview.
16. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification / experience will not bestow any guarantee of selection.
17. The above posts are to be filled up on purely temporary and contractual basis & the candidates shall have no right to claim for any type of permanent employment under ICMR-NIIRNCD or continuation of their services in NIIRNCD or in any other project.
18. In the event of selection, a candidate must produce all documents or certificates in original relating to
(1) Educational Qualifications
(2) Date of Birth
(3) Work Experience/testimonials
(4) ID Proof i.e. Aadhar/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License, etc.
(5) Oneself attested recent passport size photograph
(6) One set of self-attested photocopies of all documents.
(7) SC/ST/OBC Certificate, if applicable, for verification at the time of joining the post.
19. Candidates, who fail to bring the original certificates at the time of joining, will not be allowed to join the selected post. Candidates reporting after the scheduled date/ time will also not be allowed to appear in the written test/personal discussions/interview.
Date and Time for written test / personal discussion / Interview : 06/10/2021 at 10 AM