Last Updated on September 28, 2021 by The Health Master
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other.
The ICMR has come a long way from the days when it was known as the IRFA, but the Council is conscious of the fact that it still has miles to go in pursuit of scientific achievements as well as health targets.
Post :Project Coordinator
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Project Coordinator to be filled purely on temporary basis for a period of one year for the ongoing Multicentre Task Force project entitled: Phase III. Multicentre.
Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate Efficacy of Probiotic Supplementation for Prevention of Neonatal Sepsis in 0-2 Months old Low Birth Weight Infants in India1 funded by UKRI MRC, JGHT.
No. of vacancy : One post (Unreserved)
• Professional having MBBS / M.Sc./ MBA / MPH or equivalent with four years of experience in clinical trial management/ dealing with regulatory affairs from reputed Institution.
• 1st class Masters in M.Pharma, M.Sc in Pharmacology / Medical Microbiology / Biotechnology with 4 years of demonstrated experience in clinical trial management/ dealing with regulatory affairs in clinical trials from reputed Institution.
Desirable qualifications • Candidates with experience in clinical trials, dealing with regulatory affairs, safety reporting, Good clinical practice, Computer programming data management would be preferred.
• Certificate Course in clinical trials from reputed Institute.
• Having experience in dealing with CDSCO/ SUGAM Portal.
Age : Not exceeding 45 years on 04.10.2021. Age relaxation will be applicable instruction issued by the DOPT from time to time in this regards.
Nature of duties :
• Coordination of project activities and monitoring implementation of project at all participating sites.
• To assist in preparation of study tool and Performa
• To assist in preparation of reports & other documents for the funding agency.
• Assist in coordinating with Collaborating centres, CDSCO, Ethics Committees, Site Investigators, organizing meeting and preparation of minutes of the meeting
• Travel to participating sites for assessment and monitoring of progress
• Assist in writing scientific papers for publications
• To assist in any other works related to the project or other scientific/technical activities
Consolidated Emoluments : Rs. 80,000/- per month (Consolidated fix salary till the study) No other allowances will be payable.
Tenure : One year (may be renewed annually based on performance till the end of the project)
Place of work : ICMR Hqrs, New Delhi
Date & Time of virtual Interview : Will be informed
Selection procedure : interview will be conducted for the eligible candidates after verification of the certificates.
GENERAL CONDITIONS :
Post is to be filled on a purely temporary basis till the project lasts. The appointment can be terminated with one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason. The age, qualification and experience may be relaxed for deserving candidates.
Since the post is purely temporary, the incumbent selected will have no claim for regular appointments under ICMR/DHR. No benefit of provident fund, HRA, CCA, Leave Travel Concession, MEDICAL CLAIM, is admissible. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview.
The conditions for employment will be the same as that of the project staff on contract basis. The candidates have no right to claim for any regular employment.
The appointing authority has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained. Age, Qualification, experience etc., will be reckoned as on, the date of virtual interview.
Eligible candidates may send their applications in the prescribed format (attached), duly filled in all respects along with all required supporting documents and certificates, duly self attested, on the email:
[email protected] within the schedule date and time for submission of applications i.e on or before 04.10.2021 upto 17:00 hours. Late / Delayed / Incomplete / Unsigned applications will not be considered and rejected.
Shortlisted eligible candidates will be called for a Virtual Interview via video conference.